The content, or text, on a website is one of the most important elements of a site. It can play a role in many of a websiteâ€™s strategic jobs.
Begin your content creation by considering what pages to write for your website. Some basic pages that should be included on every website are:
- A Home page
- An â€œAboutâ€ page, both for the company and itsâ€™ principal officers or founders
- A Contact page
- A Services or Products page, detailing what you do
- A Clients page, telling visitors who you work with and who youâ€™ve worked with in the past
From there, keep your 2-3 key strategies in mind while choosing the pages to create, and make sure that each page in your site caters to fulfilling those strategies.
For example, if your websiteâ€™s main function is to provide lots of learning and free information about your specialty, youâ€™ll probably want to have a newsletter, article library, and possibly a free report offer built into your site.
Or, if your main strategy is to increase your possibility of getting media coverage, youâ€™ll want to be sure to include a full press room. This typically includes a News and Updates section both in the press room and on the home page, a Press Releases page, and an online press kit.
A full list of the types of pages you might want to include on your website can be found in this article on my website:
Other things to consider about your content:
- Answering visitorsâ€™ questions
- Showing your businessâ€™s personality
- Writing for the Search Engines
- How to get it done
- Writing online isnâ€™t permanent
Iâ€™ll discuss all of these in upcoming posts.